Rechargable Repairs

Rechargeable Repair

You can make alterations and improvements to your home but the Association must approve these in advance. You must complete an Alteration and Improvement form detailing the work you wish to carry out, the form can be obtained from the Associations office or by clicking Here

You will need to ask permission for any alteration you wish to carry out to your home. This can include the following: -

  • installing an electric or mixer shower, shower wall panels, shower screens, wall tiling etc
  • installing laminate flooring, floor tiles etc
  • replacing or moving fixtures such as lights, kitchen units, sanitary ware, baths, doors, taps or electric sockets etc
  • erecting garden sheds, fences, satellite dishes or other external structures
  • undertaking any internal or external alterations

Please note we will not allow any alterations which will affect the internal layout or structure of your home without specific permission and necessary local authority Building Control consents.

If you decide to move out of your property you may be required to return it to its original condition prior to any alterations being carried out. If you don't, you may be liable for the cost of returning the property to its original condition.

You may also have the right to a compensatory payment for any alterations or improvements you have carried out to your property. Please contact the Association to find out if the work you have carried out is a “qualifying improvement”. Compensation can only be paid at the end of the tenancy, when the house is vacated by all qualifying tenants.  

    If you require clarification on any of the above, or further information, please contact our Property Services Section.

    File Description File Size
    Rechargeable Repairs Policy PDF icon 291KB